Microsoft announced today the availability of the AD RMS Bulk Protection Tool on Microsoft Download Center.
The AD RMS Bulk Protection Tool is a command line tool that can decrypt multiple AD RMS protected files or encrypt multiple files to a predefined rights policy template. This tool can be used to perform E-Discovery of content for litigation or audit purposes, safeguard existing sensitive data on company shares, and also works in conjunction with the File Classification Infrastructure (FCI) feature in Windows Server 2008 R2 to classify and protect sensitive company data.
Here are some additional details for you to know about the tool:
- Simple command line interface
- Bulk decrypt RMS supported files and items within Outlook PSTs
- Bulk encrypt RMS supported files to a custom template
- Extensible to other file formats via IRM protector implementation
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Note: The tool requires installation of RMS Client SP2 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows XP
- Outlook 2007 is needed for decrypting items within PST files
Source: Microsoft Downloads